03 May 2015

May 3, 2015 - Day 3

Keeping Up

Days without fast food: (0 in a row)
Days without soda: 2 (2 in a row)
Days of exercise on Wii Fit: (0 in a row)
Glasses of water today: 8
Days of drinking 8 glasses of water or more: 1 (1 in a row)
Nights Dinner Cooked by Me: (0 in a row)
Books read: 0
Hours read: 1 (Number of days:2 )
Pictures Taken: 106 (Number of days: 3)
Steps for the day:8174
Food diary updated: (0 in a row)
Days Journaled: 0
Stage Plays Attended: 0
Donate to Goodwill: 0

Other Goals Completed

So close!  I was so close to breaking the 10,000 step mark that I'd wanted to break.  I guess it's still possible that I might do so tonight, but I'm not counting on it.  It's 7:30 and it's going to be a rough to get in another 2,000 steps.  But I do have almost 3 more years to work past that goal.  I will do it!

I did, however, knock out "Attend TN Ren Faire" today.  And it was fantastic!  We had to take the boys to their last day of Sunday School before we could go, and that's where I fell off the Fast Food wagon.  I'd rushed out of the house to get the boys to church on time and hadn't had a chance to eat breakfast.  There wasn't enough time to go back home and get something to eat, or have a sit down breakfast.  So I stopped at McDonald's and grabbed something for breakfast there.  One small bump in the road, that is all.

Back to the Ren Faire, It's was Rich and my second time at Tenn Ren, Teddy's first time that he'd remember going (he was only 2 the last time we went), and Pete's first time period.  We spent a lot of time looking in shops and grabbing something to eat.  Teddy devoured a turkey leg (with a little help from Rich and some from Pete.)  Pete tried chicken on a stick and, when he didn't care for the taste of it, we got him pizza.  Rich had some fish and chips and I enjoyed broccoli and cheese in a bread bowl.  (My favorite Ren Faire meal and one I'd love to be able to make at home.)

The only show we really got a chance to watch was the Human Chess Match.  It's Rich's favorite part of any Ren Faire, so we had to go check it out.  The fights were pretty good and there was a lot of comedy in it.  Chess matches are just wonderful fun.  We had a few others that we wanted to see - Axel the Sot and Robin Hood, as well as the Queen's Knighting Ceremony - but looking at shops and walking around took up a lot more of our time.  We also wanted to go on the tour of the castle, but by the time we headed over there, the line was too long and we were too tired to wait.  So maybe next year, if we're able to go back, we'll try to do the castle early.

All in all, it was a great day, though.  The only down side is that my dad wasn't in any condition to come with us.  He would have had a blast.  Well, maybe next year.

Tomorrow is another day to work toward completing all my goals.

My guys, waiting for the Chess Match
The boys in their new hats.


I love a guy in full plate!
A wonderful bagpiper plying his craft