23 May 2015

Back in the Saddle Again

I haven't been as diligent keeping up with things as I should have been over the last month.  It has been a pretty busy one, though, I had several Field Trips with Teddy's class, then two different awards ceremonies for Pete, along with keeping up with the house and dealing with a fairly bad headache, updating has been one of the last things on my mind.

I will admit to falling off the wagon with a few things.  I've eaten fast food several times over the last couple of weeks, and there were quite a few days that I wasn't drinking the water that I should have been.  But a combination of the kids being home as of 11:30 this coming Wednesday and being a bit short of money means that I'll be able to rededicate myself to doing the healthier things.

I have been keeping up with the books, though.  I've been able to have plenty of time to settle back and read a bit (if you're interested to see what I've been reading, look at the Books I've Read tab above).  I've also been playing a few audio books while I've been cleaning.  Right now, I'm listening to Split Second, the first book in David Baldacci's King and Maxwell series.

I hoping that the schedule I've set up for the summer will keep me motivated on things.  I've got a a general plan and the chores figured out.  I picked up a new app called Motivated Moms. It's a great task and to do app that I comes with preloaded tasks that you can hide if they don't apply, the ability to add your own tasks, the ability to assign tasks to people and the ability to set each task within a room.  The only thing I wish it had was a way to assign a task to more than one person at a time.  But it has been keeping me on track of things.  Which is one of the things I need to do.

Hopefully tomorrow (or even tonight)), I'll get back on track for updating.  It's really the only way I can keep track of some of the things I want to do for a certain amount of time (like the 30 days of 8 glasses of water or the pictures for a full year).

In the meantime, here are some pictures that I have taken recently.  I know that I've missed a few days here and there, so I'll need to restart the clock on it, but, hey, that's why it goes for 1,001 days.

May 11, 2015 - At Traveller's Rest with
Teddy's Class
May 12, 2015 - Teddy on the way to
Cheekwood


May 12, 2015 - One of the many sights to see at Cheekwood
May 13, 2015 - Teddy going down
the Guitar Slide at the Country
Music Hall of Fame (We went with his
Encore Class)


May 14, 2015 - Lemon getting comfy
under the covers
May 19, 2015 - Kami loves to hid in Rich's
Dresser


May 20, 2015 - Peter getting his
Music Award at the Kindergarten
awards ceremony
May 22, 2015 - Peter getting his
awards from his teacher, Mrs. Huff.
So proud of that boy!