26 February 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Somewhere in the last two months, I've managed to lose my way on my 101 in 1,001.  I honestly haven't even been thinking much about it, though I know I should (especially since I've been doing some swaps based on the 101 in 1,001).  Normally, I'd junk my start date and start over.  But that's not really fair, is it?  I need to learn how to persevere through the tough times rather than ostrich myself by burying my head in the sand.  After all, there's still more time ahead of me than behind me.  I just have to keep remembering that.

I'm thinking of using one of the list planners that I have on my kindle to put all of the regularly scheduled 101 in 1,001 activities that I need to do - things like taking my vitamins every day, filling my pill minder, calling my mom, visiting my dad... anything that's not a one shot but that I need to schedule. I need to keep it on my radar otherwise it WILL fall off.  Especially when I have so many things to keep track of.

I'm also thinking about printing out several of these agenda sheets from mommacan.com (which I think I'm going to integrate into FlyLady as well).  I need a schedule.  I'm finding more and more that unless I write down what I need to do on a daily basis, I'm going to whittle away my time playing on the computer.  And that's not something I want for myself.  So I'm actually going to schedule my whole day.  And I'm going to be pretty strict about it (though I will write in pencil rather than pen, since plans sometimes do change based on necessity).  I'm thinking of a basic outline for the week, with specifics filled in the night before.  I like the agenda above because it gives me room for a lot of the things I may need to write down.  I considered doing this electronically, but I think I'd like to be able to work on it when I'm in bed at night.  It will be a good wind-down for me.

I'm making some progress on my reading challenges.  I've been reading - 29 so far this year.  But I haven't been doing my reviews for them and linking them up.  I'm hoping to get some of that done today, and/or make tomorrow a primarily-computer day to get things like ratings and book reviews and schedules.  I'm trying to get serious about getting back on track with things.

So here's me jumping back in.  I won't have a perfect record on many of my goals, but who needs perfection?  After all, my ultimate goal for my 101 is to enrich myself.  And I can do that even if it takes me awhile to get into the habit.

Actually, I can't imagine anything more tedious than a perfect person, especially if it was someone who also demanded perfection from me. - Hugh Mackay