02 January 2012

Day 1 Update

Since I have several items on my 101 list that are daily items, I'm hoping to update this blog every day to help keep track of what I am and what I'm not doing.  The updates will (hopefully) come in the morning every day, talking about the day before.

So... this entry is to talk about yesterday, January 1, 2012, the first day of the challenge.  Below are the list items that I've worked on.

1. Average 7500 steps a day - It's hard to say if I met this goal yesterday, as I still don't have the pedometer with which to accurately measure my steps.  But based on my activity level yesterday, I don't think I made it.

11. Cut computer time down to 4 hours a day - This one didn't even come close to happening yesterday.  I think I was on the computer for about 6 hours total.  In part, this is because I was trying to update several things and get caught up with swaps.  Today will be better.

12. Eat at least one fresh fruit or vegetable a day - This one I managed to do without trouble.  I had two Cuties (clementine oranges) as snacks yesterday.

14. Get back on SparkPeople and update daily - Thanks to an app for my Kindle, I was able to do this one last night.

41. Take and post one photograph a day for one year - I half completed this one. I did take the picture, but hadn't had a chance to download them from the camera and then upload it to Sanity's Overrated or Facebook. Today, I'm hoping to take a picture of the kids at Chuck E Cheese.

42. Take daily vitamins every day - Got this one.  Along with the rest of my meds last night.

44. Write down at least one positive thing a day - I did.  I wrote it in one of the swaps that I'm doing. The positive thought is this: "There is very little in this world as good as two tiny arms slipping around your neck and a small voice piping up, 'Mommy, you is my bes' fwen.'"

45. Write fiction every day (game posts count) - I didn't even attempt this one yesterday.  I will, however, try to get some writing done today.

63. Play all the games on the game shelves at least once - Yesterday, Rich and I sat down and played Settlers of Catan with Teddy.  One game down!

84. Fill pill minder every Sunday - Done.  Good way of keeping track of what meds I need to refill too.

85. Follow FlyLady for one month - Good start on it, following it yesterday.  Today, I need to take a look at my launch pad to see which challenge is there for me and for the boys, along with working my 15 minutes in.

92. Rate swaps within two days of receipt - I spent a portion of yesterday taking care of the backlog of ratings that I needed to do, including rating a swap that I received on Saturday.  So it's a good start.

96. Update blogs three times a week - All three have been updated once this week so far.

Not a bad start for 2012.

Along with my daily goals, I'm going to start working on my ongoing/one time goals as well.  This week, I will try to work on the following:

5. Buy a good pedometer
10. Create quote notebook for quotes I find interesting
43. Write at least two paper letters a month (since I owe my penpal a letter)
69. Start writing down memories to share with the boys later
76. Brainstorm on my 101 blog was to make my 101 in 1,001 work
94. Set up a daily routine and organizing system for the house


This, of course, isn't counting the one or three times a week things that I want to do.  Those will come as the week progresses.

The hard thing for me, as I was just looking at my list, was to remind myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint.  Yes, I need to catalog my media. Yes, I need to clean out the filing cabinet. Yes, I need to work on emptying the boxes.  But none of those need to happen today.  I have 1,000 days left to work on those.

Daily Quotation: "Belief in oneself is one of the most important bricks in building any successful venture." - Lydia M. Child

No comments: