25 January 2008

Learning as the Year Progresses

I'm still a little slower going at some of this. I'm finding that keeping track on a daily basis of the things I do and the things I don't is beyond me. I can keep up with them, at least most of the time. With Rich's help, I've been taking my meds daily. I've made time to play with Teddy, read to him, sing to him... They're little things but I'm working toward them.

I've been trying to be better about keeping in regular contact with my family and friends. I haven't been so good about the e-mail answering, but what I really need to do is set a time weekly to take care of certain online things like e-mails. I'm thinking Sunday would be best since we don't usually have things planned for Sunday morning.

I also need to set aside some of that time for some of the writing I want to do. Some of it is lack of time and some of it is lack of organization. I'm starting to find that if I have a to do list with a little wiggle room, I work much better than if I just leave my days free to do whatever.

The house cleaning... that's something I need to work a bit harder on as well. I've had some very good days of cleaning where I've felt productive but thanks to some health problems, I've been told I have to take it easy. And since cleaning up after a toddler involves a lot of bending and lifting things to find what's been stuffed under what, I haven't been keeping up. I need to get back on that as well.

Making changes isn't easy. I have a lot of changes on this list. And some are going to take longer than others, I think. But I also think that having almost 3 years to accomplish them will make it all happen. I may not do something every day, but I will do them more times than not. And, in my mind, that is still a success. Especially if I can make them second nature by doing them often enough.

No comments: