20 December 2007

What this is about

I first heard about 101 in 1001 from some friends on LJ that are participating in the Jan1_2008 community. From there, I've read up on the original idea, Day Zero, the 1001 project.

So what IS the idea of this? Basically, you make 101 goals and you have 1001 days to complete them. You can start at any time and go forward from there. The idea, from the mission statement, is to make attainable goals, but not to be afraid of failing. From the Day Zero website:

Much of what the 1001 Day Project is about, is challenging yourself and in turn finding new things that make you happy. In a nutshell, it is the satisfaction of achieving a goal, multiplied 101 times.

So this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to create 101 tasks to complete in 1001 days. I want to have my list completed before Jan 1 so I can start with the new year. I hope you're up for taking this journey with me.

The next post should have my 101 list. And subsequent posts will be me documenting how I've accomplished some of them.

No comments: